View Single Post
Old
05-16-2010, 02:14 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
Interesting proposal, my concern is the cap hit of Dumont and the size of Boullion (though he doesn't play small from what I've seen/heard of him), plus he's UFA, so I'm not sure how much we'd value his rights. That said, I like Dumont's size and team/community oriented attitude, exactly what Gillis tries to find in players. His inconsistent work ethich (from what I've read) worries me, especially at the price of Burrows given that Burrows gives everything and then some every second on the ice.

Arnott I think is out of the question, we've heard of his lack of heart up here, and Sullivan I love but the Canucks need to get bigger and Sullivan is a little too "experienced", aka old. One thing about Gillis' philosophy is that he likes to bring in experienced players, but preferably not over-the-hill types on the verge of retirement, but rather guys that have enough time left to grow with the team, even if this means looking for reclamation projects of guys who are underappreciated on their current teams.

I think the root issue though is that what the Canucks need is defense, and a trade like this would eat up the cap space needed to pick up some defensive depth.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote