View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 02:28 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
I think you guys are being a little hard on a 22 year old kid. Pyatt will be a force this season and he does play hard when he wants to, with a winning team, he'll want to. And hopefully he'll play with Derek Roy. I'm not going to bash all of you here, but lighten up on Taylor. He's going to mature in a 50 point player within the next two years and I hope he'll continue to produce.
How are we being hard?

To me it's obvious watching the game that the guy has a lot of skill, but he goes long stretches where he plays like he doesn't care and is invisible.

For example, the game that he came back from the injury last year he got a hat trick and was a force. The next few games he was almost invisible.

He gives you a good game every once and a while and then disappears for long stretches.

He's like JP in that regard.

But maybe I've never gotten over the fact that he didn't hit anybody and wouldn't work hard in Rochester. Then when he gets called up to Buffalo he's hitting everything that moves and looks like a completely different player.

Taylor needs to learn that he can't dog it and only play when he feels like it if he's going to be a force in the NHL.

He has time to learn that, but if it doesn't happen within the next 2 or 3 years then it likely will never happen.