View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
koh19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlanger View Post
I don't want to offend you, but take off the Swiss glasses. There are thousands of guys like Ambühl in Juniors and in the AHL. Why should a team take him and give him a contract if they can just pick an AHL'er from their organization....

No way he belongs there. He might get lucky, get a contract and become a 4th line player. But he will never, never ever be a Top 6 forward in the NHL. Mark my words, it's just not going to happen.
I don't want to offend you but you must not follow hockey a lot and must not have a lot of knowledge on the subject. There are thousands of guys like Ambuhl in Juniors and in the AHL?!?!?! That's absolutely not true. The guy was misused, simple as that. You'll see, the same thing will happen with Zucharello if he signs with the Rangers. You don't put a world class player on the 4th line with goons and checkers when the guy is a world class player.

How can you possibly say that there are thousands of players like him in Juniors and the AHL?!?! The guy has won swiss championships, spengler cups, played tremendously at the Olympics (on NA ice!), is having awesome world championships, he's one of the most dynamic players in the tournament, he can hit, score, pass, agitate.

Did you even watch him play in Hartford? I did and it was obvious he couldn't have success. I know that the players New York drafted and that have been in the system a few years should have the edge over free agent signings when it comes to line combinations but putting Ambuhl on the 4th line has no sense whatsoever. Playing 6 shifts a night and playing with guys that barely know how to skate (exaggerating here) was a recipe for disaster from the get go.