Thread: Proposal: A Trade With Minny (Weber)
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Really? Spezza has a career average of well over ppg 1.02 compared to Koivu's 0.70 ppg , his totals were down a little this season but he has already had seasons of 92, 90 and 87 points. Koivu's top was this season's 71 points.

Kopitar has had seasons of 34, 32 and 27 goals and finished this season with 10 more points. He's huge 222lbs. No way is Koivu better.

wasn't so much as the points as what koivu brings intangible wise. the guy is a leader, very good defensively, you don't ever hear of him being a head case, etc. not saying spezza and kopitar are not very very good players, I would prefer koivu over them. I think the fact that he plays in minny and doesnt have all the hype hurts him as well. another thing, kopitar has played with frolov, now smyth, and other offensively capable players. koivu has played with andrew brunette, 1/2 seasons of gaborik, and not much else. and spezza has had the luxury of alfreddson and heatley for years. I know their success is also his success, bit it is a factor you have to consider.

also I think koivu is david legwand with offensive talent.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote