Thread: News Article: Anisimov Interview
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
rangersfan111

vCash: 500
callahan got double the powerplay time as byfuglien ... thats the only reason he put up more points ... byfuglien has more upside than callahan hands down ...
call me when callahan puts up a hattrick in the playoffs ... byfuglien played on the 3rd line in the nashville series and since being moved up to the first line he has 7 points in 7 games ...
byfuglien is a grinder and a powerforward that is willing to drop the gloves for his teammates (exactly what we need)... if you guys have played hockey ... you would understand the imporance of a player like byfuglien ... i played with multiple players like ansimov(highly skilled but when it got a little physical they were no where to be seen).. the coaches solved the problem by surrounding him with punishing checkers who had excellent hands ...
Chemistry is extremeley underrated on this board ... look at montreal this year, buffalo a few years ago, devils in the late '90's and early 2000's...
anisimov will eventually be a legitimate 2nd line centremen ... but in order for him to reach his potential he needs to be given the right ice time and he needs to play with players that he feels comfortable around ... trust me he does not feel comfortable playing with ryan callahan or chris drury nor mats zuccarello... byfuglien is affordable and we wouldn't have to give up too much for him

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote