View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I like the concept, fans with an awful team should have something to look forward to.

Using points is bogus for rankings though. Get this, the NY Rangers finished ONE POINT out of the playoffs...yet they get the 10th pick. Meanwhile the Wild finished ELEVEN POINTS out of the playoffs and got the 9th pick. What kind of **** is that?

They should instead go by conference ranking with points as the tie-breaker. The top 14 would have looked like this:

1. Oilers
2. Leafs
3. Panthers
4. Blue Jackets
5. Islanders
6. Wild
7. Lightning
8. Stars
9. Hurricanes
10. Ducks
11. Thrashers
12. Flames
13. Rangers
14. Blues

That way you're not punished for being a better team in a better conference.

I'd also like to see them do more of a lottery. Yes, you can tank and still get guaranteed a #1 or #2 pick. Make it so you can drop all the way to #5. Or do the top 6 teams, then the next 8. Make it more random.

I'm not sure how they rank teams based on playoff round exits, but each team that loses in each round should have an equal shot at the next pick. So Detroit, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and Boston would all have one ball in the lotto machine and draw it like that.

Anyways, that's my take. I think it's dumb to just use standings to figure out the draft rankings and it should be more random so people aren't tanking and for us fans with a crap team to be able to have a chance to improve rather than be on the bubble all the time.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote