Thread: Speculation: Johnny Boychuk? Go hard after him.
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I can definitely see him getting that kind of an offer though and if you want him--you're probably going to be in the $3-3.5 range. Of the other d-men you mention he is younger than most, with maybe less wear on his wheels and with more potential to grow as a player. I think he's at the least going to be a solid top 4 even without much more progression.

Considering what Gilroy is getting and where Boychuk seems to be now as a player is one way to look at it. The two are close in age and Gilroy is making in th $2 mil range. Boychuk is obviously better which is to say there's almost nothing fair about this salary stuff anyway--just looking at Redden or Drury.
If we don't sign these type of players then we can never compete with the elite teams...kid is big, strong, mean and can play defense...i would take him over any of the aforementioned players.

But with Gilroy making $2mm, Redden and Rozy making a gazillion...there is no way they will spend what it will take on a defensemen....another reason to hate Sather.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote