View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Wow, yeah, if any of us had ever played hockey. What an argument.

4 years at UVM. What did you play? Byfuglien is a 3rd line player who is currently HOT. Get over it.

How about we go after Fernando Pisani guys? He's your average 3rd/4th liner who could be had on the cheap AND he's a UFA this summer... I mean, he DID score 14 goals and 18 points in the 05-06 playoffs, so clearly, he could be a top-six player.

I love AA, but if he can only feel comfortable playing with guys who are 6'3 240lbs than he's going to have a rough career. I'm not discounting chemistry, but Dustin Byfuglien on this team would be so wildly disappointing I don't even want to imagine it. Add to that the fact that Byfuglien being huge is in NO way a guarantee that he has chemistry with AA and that there's no top end talent to make him look like a stud here... he'd pan out to be the 35 point player he is and everyone would be pissed about paying him 3M.

Again, he has some attractive assets and in the right circumstances can flourish and probably has the potential to be a 45 point player one day, but that's playing with guys like Kane and Toews, not with Anisimov and Avery.
The more experience Anisimov gets at this level, the better he'll become and the more he'll set the tone for his linemattes. He did excellent in Hartford playing with Byers/Dupont and Paranteau, the later of who is not a big guy.

The point of Byfuglien is not to become a 30 goal scorer, but for him to at even strength cycle and wreck havoc with Anisimov and another cycler (Prust, Weise, Avery, Cally, etc.), and screen the goalie on the PP.

Big Byfug's come along way, been following him for a few years now. He went from being a 3rd paid Dman who would do notihng but fight to being a 35-point player scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs both this season and last.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote