View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
In the last two games that Colaiacovo has played, he has surpassed anything that Kondratiev has done so far.

We all knew that Carlo had offensive talents, but he's really impressed me with his defensive play. He has been very, very good imo.

Carlo is more ready than he was last year. Just look at him. He's much bigger and much stronger than he was last year. He's having no problem handling guys in the corners. He's thrown a couple big hits and he's shown some enthusiasm for protecting Belfour.

The problem you can have when rushing defencemen is when A) they are asked to do too much or B) they sit on the bench too much. I don't think either would be the case with Colaiacovo.

If Steve Eminger can play half of last season for Washington, Carlo can play for the Leafs this year.

I trust the Leafs judgement with this one. If they think he's ready to start the season in the NHL, that's great. But if they think he needs some seasoning in the AHL, that's fine too. I don't really care because I think he'll be fine no matter what happens.

At the very least I'd like to see him as an injury fill-in throughout the year.