View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The more experience Anisimov gets at this level, the better he'll become and the more he'll set the tone for his linemattes. He did excellent in Hartford playing with Byers/Dupont and Paranteau, the later of who is not a big guy.

The point of Byfuglien is not to become a 30 goal scorer, but for him to at even strength cycle and wreck havoc with Anisimov and another cycler (Prust, Weise, Avery, Cally, etc.), and screen the goalie on the PP.

Big Byfug's come along way, been following him for a few years now. He went from being a 3rd paid Dman who would do notihng but fight to being a 35-point player scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs both this season and last.
I'm not arguing against AA at all, nor that Byfuglien is playing some great hockey right now. Just against the notion that we should give up assets to acquire a 3M guy whose good for 35 points a year. If we don't want Matt Lombardi because we shouldn't be counting on him "breaking out" here, we definitely aren't going to rely on Byfuglien breaking out either. My point about AA needing a big guy to be comfortable was simply, if the other poster think a guy like Byfuglien is the only way AA is ever going to be productive than he won't have a great career. I don't think that's going to be the case as AA matures but his argument for Byfuglien being the "perfect" winger for AA is just a silly one. A second line of Byfuglien, AA and Cally, for example, is a third line on any other team in the NHL, even if it does find chemistry and do well together.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote