View Single Post
Old
05-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
I voted yes at this point. Unless he craps the bed he should be safe after the postseason.

My reasoning is that the Cap put us in an unenviable position. Emery was a cheap gamble that may have worked had he not gone down. I think homer could go that route with Leighton this season also. Boucher is signed on the cheap already and will IMO be a fine #2. Leighton could be signed very reasonably I think and the two could allow more money to be spent in re-signing our RFAs. A proven #1 would cost and make him move a key player to allow the Cap room. In the meantime they have to develop in-house or plan the Cap space down the line for another signing.

Also, I believe Reese has the ability to make this work with these two and any goalie going forward. He has greatly impressed me in the past season and i give him the credit for the current pleasant goalie situation, as opposed to the not so sweet situation in past years with Lemelin... I wonder if Biron, Nitty and Esche would have done better with Reese as their coach.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote