Thread: News Article: Anisimov Interview
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
rangersfan111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
I'm not arguing against AA at all, nor that Byfuglien is playing some great hockey right now. Just against the notion that we should give up assets to acquire a 3M guy whose good for 35 points a year. If we don't want Matt Lombardi because we shouldn't be counting on him "breaking out" here, we definitely aren't going to rely on Byfuglien breaking out either. My point about AA needing a big guy to be comfortable was simply, if the other poster think a guy like Byfuglien is the only way AA is ever going to be productive than he won't have a great career. I don't think that's going to be the case as AA matures but his argument for Byfuglien being the "perfect" winger for AA is just a silly one. A second line of Byfuglien, AA and Cally, for example, is a third line on any other team in the NHL, even if it does find chemistry and do well together.
wow lol you just gave me the perfect example
Dustin byfuglien has averaged 36 ppg in the past 3 years as a 22-24 year old ...
lombardi at the same age averaged 37 ppg
lombardi has reached his potential hes 27 years old now ... and he was given top 6 minutes this past season....
the only way AA will reach his potential is if he plays with players he feels comfortable around.. period.
my argument for anisimov is that he needs to feel comfortable in order to reach his potential (you can argue with that all you want ... but that is just a fact)
my second argument that you have a problem with is that byfuglien is a perfect winger for anisimov (well he is a powerforward that sticks up for his teammates and is a tough competitor-gains the confidence of the players around them and has good hands)
and when you are paying your 3rd line is making 11 million per season together (drury,callahan,mza) your going to have to make sacrafices
anisimov will need time to develop but in order to develop he needs to play more and log more minutes (2nd line minutes not 4th line minutes)

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote