View Single Post
Old
05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Don't know if this was posted yet, good read on Leighton and his family, there's a possibility he'll be realistic knowing what we can offer him and take potential stability.

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/Le...038/story.html

Quote:
Leighton is a free agent at season's end, and to this point, has been offered no olive branch to suggest he has a future with the franchise.

"I'm not quite sure what Philly's got planned for goalies for next year," Leighton said.

"I know they've got Boucher signed for one more year.

"There's talk that they're looking elsewhere for another goalie. I'd love to stay here. I enjoy it here. Love the city, love the fans, the organization, the players.

"If I have to go elsewhere, then I guess I'll be on the road again. But that's not what I'm thinking about right now. My focus is on the playoffs. We'll worry about that summer."
Also a couple funny things about his daughter, seems they both feel Pronger's protective presence!

Quote:
Even Ella is coming to realize that her dad is doing something remarkable.

"Normally, she names all her stuffed animals after other players," Jennifer said.

"She really loves Chris Pronger. Chris Pronger is her buddy. She has a big poster of him on her door in Philadelphia in the hotel, because she says he's going to watch over her while she sleeps."

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote