View Single Post
Old
05-19-2010, 03:19 PM
RobertKron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauen View Post
Decent post. You forget one thing though. We, 'the fans' is what make Crosby what he is and is the reason that 'made him rich'. The hockeyfans comes to games, watch Crosby play, watch TV. Whitout you and me, Crosby would be a poor spoiled brat, now he is a rich spoiled brat and therefore he should participate in all games he can and not play golf.
Why?

So if I can sell 18,000 tickets for people to come watch a bunch of NHLers play at GM place, how are they obligated to come play for free? How is that any different?

Crosby has represented his national team plenty of times, including 3 months ago at the Olympics, and so Hockey Canada isn't exactly losing out because he's not going to the WC and have said as much. Basically the IIHF are bummed because he's not coming out there for free and making them some money.

Sure, it would be nice for the fans in Germany to watch him, but it's the World Championships, not the Sidney Crosby Exhibition, so it's really his call. I don't go in to my job on my vacation time for fun, and I don't expect him to do the same.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote