Thread: OT: RIP Ronnie James Dio
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I gotta believe that this cat is not resting in peace my friends, probably more like crying and gnashing of teeth better represents where he is now,after all is that not really what his life was really all about ?you gotta serve some one in this life,and he certainly picked his master. sorry for noticing who and what his message was all about.I wish his family and loved ones well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
What year it is has nothing to do with it my friend.You are welcome to your opinion,and i respectfully have mine.Whats great about it is that we both come from two different ends of the spiritual realm i suppose and we are both Flyers fans ! How cool is that ? I served 20 years in the military just so we both can speak our minds freely, nothing wrong with that ! Go Flyers. [ Note, i also play guitar, fly airplanes, hunt, fish,ride a harley and attend church with my wife and children....go figure.
I love how everyone hides behind "freedom of speech" when they say something stupid....And your opinion is based on what???? Cause he played fantasy themed heavy rock? Read his lyrics when you get a chance....Understand the man, and then start making accusations.

Here is an interesting read:

http://web.archive.org/web/200012121...chives/Dio.htm

Just cause he didnt agree with everything the church told him to believe doesnt make you a satanist....It means he came to his own opinions using his on mind rather than just blind faith in something someone else told him to believe. Nothing wrong with that at all.

If anyone would be in "heaven" it would be Dio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Gene does it with the thumb out which is wrong. Dio does it with his thumb in holding the middle and index fingers which is the correct way, besides gene simmons is a greddy ******* anyway. kiss has good music but overall can lick my crack.

Also whoever posted Stargazer you are the ****ing man. Epic song.

On that note \m/\m/
Kiss was crap....great stage show, no substance.....Stargazer is AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
The Ozzy / Dio fight is epic. Makes Metallica / Megadeth look tame. I love Ozzy, but I love Dio more. My dad and I almost come to blows over this. Lmfao.
Its simple, comparing Ozzy vs. Dio alone, Dio blows him away in singing ability, he can write melodies and music (Ozzy doesnt write much at all), produced and could even play a handful of instruments.....No contest. As far as the stage persona, Ozzy was the original singer of Sabbath and the larger than life character that caught the attention of the world. Ozzy Sabbath is obviously classic, it pretty much invented a genre of music....Dio Sabbath is different, a little more commerical sounding but just as good....just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
They played nothing but DIO in between periods 1 and 2 at the game tonight.

The Mob Rules, Stand up and Shout, and others.
Awesome!!!

For those of you that might not know, Dio had a big relationship with Philly back in the early days of his solo band....He loved playing in the Spectrum, and in fact recorded shows from his first couple tours there for official release. He always loved playing in Philly!

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote