View Single Post
Old
05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Hockey versus (no pun intended) cycling isn't a tough call. I have Versus due to it being in the sports package, which enables all sorts of channels I enjoy watching: ESPNU, CBS College, FSC, Goal and all sorts of regional sports networks. While the summer is essentially dead, Fall through late spring has several items of entertainment on those many channels.

But this person decided to pay extra for Versus to watch the few(?) cycling tournaments? I find that incredible.
This...and this.

I nearly fell over when I read that the first time. The scary thing is that that poster wasn't the only one that said they got Versus only because of Cycling.

I wouldn't watch a single second of Versus without hockey being on there (as I'm sure several hockey fans wouldn't), but it's not the only reason for getting the entire sports package and it's not like I would get rid of Versus because of hockey leaving. One person said they switched entirely from DTV when Versus left. Just ridiculous claims IMO.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011