View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 05:02 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Plekanec was easily our best player last night. He reminds me of Petrov a bit, but he's a better stick-handler, I liked what I saw.

Hossa also had a decent game. It was tough to grade our team last night because we had no cohesion at all.

Garon played well, some very nice saves and the goals were all good goals, except maybe the second one but still, he sort of stopped the first shot.

Higgins didn't have much to work with last night, still looks a little tentative out there.

Perezhogin looks very small to me. Good skater with a nice looking wrist shot, didn't stand out at all though.

Komisarek looked good physically but he gave the puck away a few times. Overall he was our best d-man though.

Hainsey. I'm afraid this kid doesn't have it. Too many giveaways...I would trade him to Edmonton now while he's worth something.

Ryder looked ok. Not afraid to take a hit or go into the corners. Not many chances with the puck around the net though.

Ward was invisible to me.

If I didn't mention any names, it's because they didn't stand out or they played too poorly. The "vets" we played had horrible games. Oh well.

Our D was awful. The Leafs were without their top line of Sundin, Mogilny, and Roberts.

Overall I hope Plekanec gets a shot at the big club. There is no way Higgins or Perezhogin get their chance before he does. They're just not ready yet.

Cap