View Single Post
Old
05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
You make a good point, but how much do you think Leighton would make annually in a 2-3 year deal? I think he would make 1-1.5M/year in a long-term deal, especially since he really wants one so that he can settle down for once.

Even if Shooter falls in love and it turns out to be a mistake in that Leighton can't be a starter, then he is still only making marginally above average backup money, not too much risk in that risk v. reward scenario, imo, especially because the reward could be through the roof.

That being said, I can't wait for 2-3 years from now when Bobo and Sunshine are fighting each other for the Calder!
Yeah, I don't think he will make much, but Holmgren hasn't exactly handled poor contracts well in the past (Gauthier, Jones).

My biggest fear, though, is that he he and Boucher will play to their career averages and could really sink the Flyers next year.

We also can't just assume that our defense will mask any problems. Last year Giguere was horrible and he had both Pronger and Niedermayer playing in front of him. Teams can make it easier on a goalie, but they can't turn a mediocre goalie into a star.

It looks like the Flyers have fell in love and are poised to make the same mistake they always do. I pray we win the Cup this year.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote