View Single Post
Old
03-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Accord

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66
I bought a pair of CCMs about 4 months ago that I just can't break in. While they feel comfortable on my hand, they are grossly stiff and uncomfortable when stickhandling. The palm is fine but the padding on the back of the hand, wrist and fingers is just to stiff for me. Please let me know any tips that any of you might have for breaking in new gloves.
If you've had them for 4 months and they're still extremely stiff and not broken in, it sounds like the padding probably has plastic inserts.

Just take the gloves and bend the fingers back and bend them in every direction, also bend the backrolls on the gloves in all directions, press into them hard, and just really work the gloves in, fold them in half sideways, bend the glove back in half, sqeueeze the padding as hard as you can, etc. Don't be worried about ruining your gloves while doing this.

This should really help soften them up and expedite the break-in process. Also, many gloves on the market are heat moldable just like some skates are, you should definitely call CCM and find out if the particular glove you own are heat moldable and if so, that would be a good option considering it's been 4 months and they're still not broken in and still very stiff.