View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Mighty Duck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
oh, I think you are right about Peat. I am only saying that he was sent down twice last year and had to go thru it last year as well.

Another interesting note. According to this morning's Washington Times, the Caps are planning on keeping 13 forwards and 8 defensemen as opposed to the 14 and 7 that the Post reported last week. If 13 forwards are what they keep, they will have to choose between Peat and Henry and could only keep one of the Gordon, Whitfield, Pettinger group. 8 defensemen means they are putting off all decisions on the defensemen. They can send both Fortin and Yonkman to Portland on rehab/conditioning. That leaves the other 8, Gonch, Witt, Eminger, Boume, Doig, Kiwi, Gruden, & Berry.
They can send Yonkman down for rehab, whether he likes it or not. But as far as Fortin is concerned, he would have to agree to the rehab stint in Portland to be sent down or the Caps would have to put him on waivers.

It look more like either Peat or Henry's days in Washington are numbered. I can't see them getting much in return, if anything for either player.