View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Lidstrom was/is a stay-at-home defenceman who got points via amazing outlet passes, and on the power play. OEL is more offensive, a better skater and while being a tad more physical. On top of this he plays like a veteran despite being 18 years old. He's making the little plays that look easy, but that most other players mess up on a regular basis. He has a great vision and crisp passes and never seems to be out of position. He always seems to be back in time when he does go forward, so his hockey smarts is obviously pretty high.

This kid is better than Lidstrom at the same age, perhaps even much better.
I'm seeing a mix between Ray Bourque and Nicklas Lidstrom. Yeah, I bet that'll make a lot of people either laugh or - but I've never seen an 18 year old defenceman as poised and calm as he is, he's got all the tools to become a legend.

At this point, I'd say he's even better than Adam Larsson if he progresses the same up til his's almost 19.. Much better than both Karlsson and Hedman for sure.

He's been the best Swedish defenceman in the WC, perhaps the best defenceman period (haven't seen all the other games, but who's challenging him at this point?)
I only watched half a period and he stood out to me. His hockey IQ is really good. That ringing endorsement is encouraging!