View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
CrazyEddie20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post

It's not going to take much for the dominoes to start falling. Let's start with Amarillo, which is drawing a stellar 1,515 per night, good for dead last in CHL attendance. Amarillo folds, and Odessa loses it's only day trip. Odessa is only drawing 2,484 per game thus far, so you can bet they are losing money, and there have been several articles over the past few years about how that club is barely hanging on. Then look at Corpus Christi. That team is drawing 2,886 a night, and had the fold-and-unfold drama in the not-too-distant past. If CC is gone, Laredo and RGV are on an island. Bossier-Shreveport nearly folded last year, and I doubt they are doing much better this year. They're drawing almost 1,000 less than they did two years ago. And the team that really shocks me is Arizona. Their average attendance is off 800+ from last season thus far and nearly 1,600 from two years ago, and they were one of the leagues' marquee franchises for their first few years.

The vultures are starting to circle. Right now, I'd bet at least three and as many as six teams folding in the CHL after this season.
Amarillo is done and Arizona's franchise was revoked by the league after their attendance dropped by 1K/night this season. There are rumors about Corpus being done too, though not sure if they've hit the public yet. Stay tuned...