View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyeu View Post
Well Russia's has to know, 20 years of tears, 20 years no disservice.
And yet still Russians cry in the worlds best tournaments.

Maybe Canadians should stick to North American hockey and encourage USA. The Americans have a lot of class when they lose, it will be nice having a second country to wipe the floor with the "Big Red Machine".

Usually I support the Canadian-Russian rivalry, but if Russian fans are going to be total chirpers on every Canadian site, maybe it's time to support USA hockey. What better way to watch USA make Russians cry, and realize they just lost to hockey newb, at least by their standards.

Go USA
...although the tone between the American fans and the Canadian fans are worse than when the Russians dribble along with all the whatever they come up with.

However, as a Swede, well familiar with the Sweden-Finland rivalry, having lived in the U.S. for as long as I have, and worked with Americans and Canadians in two different sports, I can tell you that it will never be a good rivalry between Canada and the USA. North Americans are way too nice, so it is impossible to stay sour at you. As a matter of fact, my 10-year-old kid didn't even get beat up or even threatened when he wore the opposing team's jersey to a game.