View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 05:55 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Ahh... First, Philly has no guys over 37, Toronto has 3 and All of Phill's players over 35 are either D-men or goalies, the most common positions where older players tend to remain most effective. Both Joey N. and Roberts are 37 and forwards, can their old legs be counted on to contribute for 80+ games?
Second, From the look of their roster on their website, Toronto is only carrying 3 players 25 or under, unless that's mistaken, there aren't anywhere near as many younger guys to run about for the Leafs as the Flyers have. The lack of youth and energy should wear down Toronto much faster than Philly, IMO.
Lastly, I really don't think Philly has much of a chance of going the distance this year either. They do have a better team than the Leafs however, and should go a round further than Toronto, IMO.
I understand what you are saying and this is why they play the games, but you have to admit.. perception here, there and everywhere is that 31 on the Leafs is old and can't contribute, but 31 on any other team is a seasoned veteran who still has a lot left.. this was the point I'm trying to make. People tend to bash the Leafs for the sake of bashing the Leafs regardless of fact.

BTW, I don't think Roberts is being counted on as much as people think.. if he contributes great.. if not well then too bad.. the Leafs scored at a pretty good pace last year missing Roberts for most of the season.