View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
the only russian i would take at 10 would be tarasenko. other than connolly- if healthy- there isnt another guy i like that much to use our #10 on. unlike many, im not that high on johansen at 10.

im with you on thinking that we could grab burmistrov and perhaps move down a few spots. if we come up at 10 and connolly, johan and tarasenko are all off the board, i look to move down a few spots and take the best player available and that would be burmy or skinner at that point. either of those guys at 15 would be fine.

but if we come up at 10 and tarasenko is there, we take him. period.

i go into this draft hoping we are able to move down and get an additional pick. not having that 3rd is really a bummer this year.

i like the idea of having 3 picks in the top 70 players. we could have once heck of a draft if we had 3 picks from 15-70.
im not a fan of tarasenko, granted I have only seen him play a handful of times, but I just think hes kind of enigmatic...almost reminds me of a cross between nigel dawes and nikolai zherdev...in that hes got world class talent like Z, but hes kinda like Dawes in that if he doesnt put the puck in the back of the net, you don't see him much at all. Nino, to be fair, is kind of the opposite who you always seem to notice out there. with that said I dont think Nino is as talented as some people make him out to be...I think a lot of his goals have been on shots that goalies in the NHL stop rather easily...I think he may be another Ryan Callahan, not that it's a bad thing, but we really don't need another Cally, what we need is another Gaborik, or a player of his ilk...If Connolly is there, holy crap we have to take him. If he's off the board, Id go Burmistrov first, then Johansen. If all 3 are off the board then I'd go Nino. If all 4 are somehow off the board, then I would trade down and take Skinner.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote