Thread: Weber's value
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Well here comes the next question, Mr. Poile, I mean David, which is smarter to do, weaken us up front a little by trading a top 6 or weaken our blue line by letting Hamhuis, Grebs and Bouillon all walk away. I think we have to try and trade either Arnott or Dumont and keep Hamhuis. I think we can absorb the loss of Arnott or Dumont a lot more than the loss of Hamhuis at this point.

Arnott is on the downside of his career. He is one good hit away from being mush in his head. I think JP's reduced role is not worth the salary he's getting either. I would prefer to move Arnott for two reasons, it puts Legwand and Wilson as our top 2 centers and puts pressure on them to perform offensively which is something these guys need to have on them, pressure. It allows Goc to be the number 3 center which gives us a decent center rotation up top. Also, by moving Arnott, I think we get rid of the complacency on the ice/lack of effort from shift to shift and the leadership group is switched to Weber and Suter which is where this team needs to move it to for long term success.

This also keeps the core of the blue line together and since we're a team that is built from the goal out, to have a lot of inexperience on the blue line would not benefit us at this point.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote