View Single Post
Old
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As an outsider who is not a big fan of Richards I find he act's like a bit of a brat and without the character of a captain with his war with your local media

The media will write #### that you don't like or agree with but you don't act like an ### back to them.

Outside of that I would say the Booth hit was an unnecessary hit. Just shows the lack of respect by today's players to do that type of hit as the opposing player doesn't have any means to defend himself.

Outside of that I think he is a hell of a player and will continue to be one of the best 2 way players in game.
The media thing is somewhat valid in my mind, actually. It just showed an immaturity, although I think he learned a lot from the olympics and has been a much better captain since.

The Booth thing is absolute ********. The onus is on the player to protect themselves, not to rely on the opposition to pull up. Booth got rocked into next week because he put himself in a vulnerable position, not because Mike Richards did something wrong. If the next time a player skates with his head down near Mike Richards doesn't get rocked, I'm gonna be pretty freaking pissed at him. You don't want to get knocked out? Don't skate across the middle with your head down, that's the way that hockey has ALWAYS worked.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote