View Single Post
Old
03-10-2005, 08:30 PM
willie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
How about this then, the NJ Devils "trade" Zach Parise to the Kings for "future considerations" and after the playoffs, the Kings "trade" him back to NJ for "future considerations"?
Sounds good.

Quote:
As far as altering the the competitive balance unfairly goes, many NHL teams that don't make the NHL playoffs, send players to the AHL team to boost their rosters for the AHL playoffs. Doesn't that alter the competitive balance?
I don't mind that as much since it's a transfer within the organization.

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that in the AHL we are used to seeing players come and go through ATO, PTO, and SP contracts...
True but those players are usually players who make little to no difference at the AHL level. Players like Bouwmeester & Weiss, otoh, are 'superstars' in the AHL and players who will have large impacts on the result. BTW, what are SP contracts?

Quote:
I understand and appreceate what you're saying, however, in the end, I really don't have a problem with the loans.
Well, I guess we'll just have to understand and appreciate the merits of each other's points. No flame wars, this round anyway.

I should also mention that the only reason I really care is because there is no NHL this year. Any other year, I could really care less about how the AHL season unfolds. (obviously I'd prefer the Monarchs to win but as long as the Kings prospects are progressing, I'm content)

This year, though, I've actually taken an active interest in following the Monarchs and would rather not see other teams get unfairly strengthened. I can't help but envision Chicago beating the Monarchs in game 7 of the Calder Cup with Joe Corvo getting the winner from Weiss & Bouwmeester.