For

D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
C Jiri Hudler
RW Jason Williams
C Tomas Kopecky
1st rounder 04

What do ya think.
Let's see... You offer us yet an other smallish player in Williams, a decent but marginal prospect in Kopecky which at best should become what Ward is right now, a 1st rounder which will almost be like an early 2nd, Fischer who's a great stay-at-home (but lefty which we don't need), Dandenault which we really don't need (might as well keep Brisebois) and Hudler which is yet an other small center (but full of potential of course...).

For that you want... Brisebois, a thing that starts well as we could use the extra 4M, Jason Ward who's the only big forward we have capable of playing a crash and bang style on the top-3 lines and just came into his own last year, Locke who has great potential but is small, Perezhogin who has 1st line potential (one could argue he and Hudler are a wash) and Komisarek which is an other version of Fischer with more upside and is a RIGHTY which is far more valuable to us (he's not going anywhere for that package sorry).

So I think I can see how you came up with this:

Dandenault = Brisebois
Hudler = Perezhogin
Williams = Locke
Kopecky = Ward
Fischer = Komisarek
1st rounder = sweet candy

I wouldn't do this deal nor would Detroit because:

A- In every case it's a lateral move
B- Komisarek is a righty which we desperatly need
C- There's no reason to think any of the two teams are familiar enough with the prospects involved to whish and take a risk by swaping them for similar prospects
D- Nobody in that trade really replaces Ward
E- Nobody in that trade really replaces Fischer (Komisarek still needs 1-2 years to mature into a premium Dman)

So again, thanks, but no thanks...