View Single Post
Old
03-11-2005, 06:41 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord
If you've had them for 4 months and they're still extremely stiff and not broken in, it sounds like the padding probably has plastic inserts.

Just take the gloves and bend the fingers back and bend them in every direction, also bend the backrolls on the gloves in all directions, press into them hard, and just really work the gloves in, fold them in half sideways, bend the glove back in half, sqeueeze the padding as hard as you can, etc. Don't be worried about ruining your gloves while doing this.

This should really help soften them up and expedite the break-in process. Also, many gloves on the market are heat moldable just like some skates are, you should definitely call CCM and find out if the particular glove you own are heat moldable and if so, that would be a good option considering it's been 4 months and they're still not broken in and still very stiff.
Thanks for the info. I've been playing for a long time and I've never had a problem like this. I will admit that I get frustrated with them and haven't used them that much over the 4 months. I've been going back to my old gloves with the holy palms. Maybe they just need some more wear but the comfort level is so low.