View Single Post
Old
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Everything seems very iffy right now. It is so weird the comments in the paper by Trotz and Poile at the end of the year. It was so uncharacteristic of both of them.

Are they being more outspoken than they have been in the past? Or is Glennon just slanting it a little more this year? That has been hard for me to figure out also. He has seemed so "neutral" or "news" in the past, and this year there is more "opinion."

Are we at a crossroads for the organization? As much as I'd like to think not, I think we are a little bit.

Things seem a little unsettled. I can't put my finger on it. Or is it just me?
I understand your thoughts. I don't think that John has slanted anything. Most everything you are referring to are direct quotes by Trotz and Poile.

I agree that both were more direct and unwavering in their comments regarding what they witnessed and what the priorities should be for the offseason, without going into specifics. Given that the comments were immediately following a couple of games they likely felt they should have won, I feel that their frustration led them to be a little more open than they might have been. No less true, however.

I obviously believe that we are at a crossroads with this offseason.

This team played well enough that the playoffs wasn't really in doubt late in the season. Even so, there seemed to be the feeling among many of the fans that just reaching the playoffs wasn't enough. In fact, I believe that feeling was shared by everyone on the Predators from David Poile down to Wade Belak- both before the playoffs started and after they were eliminated.

Going into next season with half of the blueline being new is not a recipe for success. It can be done, obviously, but the odds are against it. Can the team financially withstand not only missing the playoffs next season, but finishing around 12th? I don't know, but it doesn't help anything that's for sure.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote