Thread: Proposal: Remaking the top 6
View Single Post
Old
05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
couris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
No, not seriously. Although I doubt he can get 20-25 lbs - that's a lot for a guy his age. 5-10 lbs seems more realistic.

Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri are here for a long time.

Plekanec, I'm all for replacing him with a better player, but here's an idea: WHY DON'T WE FIRST FIND THAT BETTER PLAYER, since it's by far the difficult part?

Pouliot is a keeper, of all our young players (aside from Subban) he's by far the most talented. He has shown flashes of brillance and ability to dominate shifts in a way that a guy like Andrei never shown. I couldn't care less about his playoff production, this guy is exactly the kind you want to give a chance in your top-6 because he's very cheap and could potentially produce a lot. In my book he's definitively a keeper for now.

Andrei, I'm all for upgrading him, but again, let's first find a better player who will cost as much or less... and good luck with that.

In practice, I don't expect a lot of changes for next year team. It's always easy to ask for better, but the habs are a well rounded team with not a lot of obvious holes. The only thing we are still really lacking is a big body who's talented enough play on the top-6 and also fast enough to play with our core... those players aren't common. In fact, Pouliot pretty much fits the bill.
100% ********. Go watch AK with Carbo as a coach. You have a really short memory. Sometimes AK looked like young Hossa.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote