View Single Post
Old
05-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I'm sure someone else has suggested it, but why don't they just have it every NON-Olympic year? One major international tournament per year is enough (per "age group"/level), and who cares who is willing/able to play as long as the absolute best possible rosters are assembled for the Olympics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts
And what to to with promotion and relegation for the smaller nations playing in B and C-Worldcups?
Tell them "well, you were unlucky , you were the best nation at this years B-WC and normally would play A-Level next year, but unfortunately there are the Olympics next year, so no A-WC, so you have to win the B-WC next year again"? Or "you got relegated the year before the Olympicks, sucks, but you will stay at least two years down there"?

Do you really think the nations besides the top 7 will support such a system only that the average NA can say, "oh, it got a little bit more interessting, I think I may watch the finals if Team Canadas goes that far"?
"Unfortunately" probably because of this, Finnish hockey federation boss (also high up in IIHF rankings) Kalervo Kummola believes that there will World Championships held in 2014 and 2018.