View Single Post
Old
05-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Que Sera Sera

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Lol at Andreas Johanssons speach impediment...."Bronsch"...

About Paajarvi. I don't buy in to the hype surrounding him. Sure, he's fastm works hard and has 5 goals during these WC. But... he's weak on the skates (as in easy to know off the puck), has average stickhandling, not very good balance and core strenght. On top of that he's only an average passer who doesn't really seem to know what to do when he can't rush in to the zone and release his wrister.

He was flat out bad against both Denmark and the Czechs last night.

Then again, Edmonton is a brutal team so he might give them a little help if he decides to join them next season.
I don't understand this. Before injuries destroyed the Oilers, they were one of the better teams in the league and definitely a playoff team. They are not by any stretch of the imagination a "brutal" team, particularly if Khabi comes back next year. That said, I think they could use help, and I think Pääjärvi is the guy to do it. I, as well as most Oilers fans, believe he will be quite good next year. He has blinding speed and brings pictures of Forsberg up in my mind. He needs work on his finishing, but he'll be great. And as I write this, Anderssön scores!