View Single Post
Old
05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
jsykes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
You'll be hard pressed to get a sales guy to tell you the quality isn't what it should be or that it's heavier then everything else on the wall or that you'll need to sharpen them twice as much as something else.
See, this where you lose your credibility or your saying you do not hate the brand.

I own and skate on both a G70 and a Bauer TotalOne. Two opposite ends of the spectrum from the way you've been describing things.

The Graf quality has been just fine, with no issues. I do not need to sharpen it more often than my Bauer steel, it holds an edge just as long without issue. And if that is really a problem, Step steel is a few turns of a screw away.

I also weighed both skates. The TO is about 6 ounces lighter than the Graf. Lighter? Yes. Noticeable? Yes. Head and shoulders lighter so that I consider the Grafs outdated or old tech? Not at all.

And that is to the lightest skate on the market. Put it up against a 11K or Vapor and it wont even be that much of a difference.

You talk about them as if they're something Gordie Howe would have worn 40 years ago, your distaste for them is obvious. Additionally, the reasons you continue to give are simply not valid in most cases.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote