View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Looking at our top 6 forwards its easy to make some observations

1. Gomez's contract is an albatross and the team will deal with it for as long as possible. only 4 more seasons to go
2. AK has zero hockey sense and it's too frustrating to watch him legit play twenty games a season and coast the rest he's basically been a non factor in the playoffs,
3. Gionta and Cammy, The Best part of our top 6 and both can be effective 30-40 goal scorers
4. Plekanac, I do not want to resign unless its a sign and trade, when me and my friends were at the bar we counted five times where pleks was standing out at the Hash marks instead of in front of the net. We won't go deep in the playoffs with him.
5. Pouliot needs to put on about 20-25 more pounds to be effective everyone sees the talent but even if he can become a complementary top 6 forward who hits he'll be a great fit. 6'3 199 pounds? I mean I can push that lanky kid around.

Now the two glaring problems IMO are Ak and Pleks, 1. Pleks is a burden on the roster IMO and will also want about 4-6mil per season and 2. AK has not lived up to expectations and as every one says zero hockey sense, I say sign and trade pleks and the tit brothers and try to get a good consistent top 6 forward with some size, Leave patches down in the A to get some confidence and some weight. Tell pouliot his goal is to come back weighing 220, use Pleks an AK to help replenish the picks we've traded away, Promote trotter/desharnais and use the six mil free in cap space to sign a decent top 6? Or if Gauthier is a riverboat gambler type trade one of Price/Halak to get a young top 6 forward

1. Gomez is a great player. His contract is high, but we're stuck with it now....gotta keep him.
2. Andrei is useless for about 60 games a season and most of the playoffs, but for 20 games a year he lights it up and plays some great hockey. He's still under contract for $3.25 mil so we need to keep him for 1 more year and either he will play or he won't and we can trade him at the deadline, or re-sign him.
3. Gionta and Cammy are our 2 best goal scorers....without them, we are screwed.
4. Plekanec is still young, he was our best player all season long and put up some nice totals. I'm positive he's playing injured in the playoffs, but we'll see when the season is over. I'd re-sign him to a 3 year deal and give him an honest chance at proving himself as a playoff player. He's too good to throw away for nothing.
5. Pouliot has great talent, but he needs to grow up and play hard all season long. He could use a little more weight for sure, but we don't want him to turn into Latendresse either. Give him time, he'll beef up and be the player we traded for.

The only players we get rid of this off-season are Roman Hamrlik, Sergei Kostitsyn, Paul Mara, Carey Price, M-A Bergeron and Metropolit.

Hamrlik goes because he is getting too old and slow and he takes up a ton of cap space. Getting rid of Hammer allows us to sign Pleks and Subban fills his spot in the lineup.
Sergei goes because he doesn't deserve a chance because of his rotten attitude and because he is a huge baby who won't hit or play rough. He's a distraction.

Mara goes because he's a UFA and he's rotten.

Price should go too because he's never going to have a successful career in Montreal, he was rushed and can't handle the spotlight and if we can trade him, we should be able to get a great return for him, possibly a top 6 forward.

Bergeron needs to go because all he has is a shot. He's rotten defensively, he can't keep the puck in at the blueline, he is too small, turns the puck over too much. We can't keep players around because they have 1 good thing about them, we need complete players that can do everything a defencemen needs to do.

Metropolit is a great veteran player and I like the guy, but he's older and I would prefer Moore over Metro as our 3rd/4th line center. Moore is great on faceoffs and is very fast. He's also a smart player too.

Cammy - Pleks - Andrei
xxx - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Moore - Lapierre
Pyatt - White - Trotter

Markov - O'Byrne
Spacek - Subban
Gill - Gorges

Halak
xxx

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote