Thread: Proposal: Remaking the top 6
View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
The notion of bringing back Koivu is something I adore, given he is my favorite player and I still firmly believe how Gainey and the Montreal organization handled his departure was disgusting. Nonetheless the likelihood of his return to where he belongs, is a illusion. I cannot foresee either side agreeing to return, primarily due to Montreal having to concede to shortsightedness in order to do so. Furthermore I guarantee Plekanec is resigned, albeit if in the surprising alternative, we do venture elsewhere, Patrick Marleau is a possibility. I would fancy Brad Richards, who may be on his way out of Dallas however his contract is simply too much a burden because of Gomez.

That said, Price or Halak must be moved if we are to remedy of lack of size. They are our only assets teams will seek. The Kostitsyns are worthless in terms of value, Subban is going nowhere and none of our other prospects have proven anything at a NHL level. There are apparent rumors Setoguchi is on the block in San Jose. As a Sharks fan, I detest the notion of trading him however from a Habs' perspective, I would deal Price and Patches/Pick in a heartbeat to acquire him. Furthermore I would do Price for Clowe, albeit with San Jose offering slightly more to the pot, and no not Demers.

Hamrlik, get a third or forth pick for him and be thankful at that.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote