Thread: Speculation: My Wild picks (Mod Note Post #51)
View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
I thought about doing a mock draft and then realized it's kind of foolish since every team is going to see players differently. So I decided to go through and pick who I would like to see the Wild choose with their picks in the top 100.

These are players who I believe may be available when the Wild choose and I feel they could be difference makers.

1st round (9th overall) Nino Niedereitter-LW Power forward who could possibly be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL.
2nd round (39th overall) Kirill Kabanov-LW Skilled forward with tons of talent and some questions; if he pans out he could be a top line forward.
2nd round (56th overall Was) Jason Zucker-LW Impressive young talent with high offensive upside who will need at least two seasons before turning pro.
3rd round (69th overall) Mark Alt Great athlete who will be a Gopher for at least 3 seasons.
4th round (99th overall) Mark Stone-RW Upside talent offensively; should play in the NHL at least as a 3rd line winger.
Very true.

I agree with This Providence that this would be a great best-case scenario as I don't see any of the first three picks being available at the Minnesota draft number, but they would be great picks and stranger things have happened.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote