View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 04:55 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If I had any inclination that this was a young team that just going through growing pains as they build towards a contender, I'd be drinking the kool-aid too. I have no such delusions of grandeur, however.
I dunno - given the Rangers draft positions since the lockout, I don't think you can really have Capitals/Hawks/Pens expectations about how quickly this team can build from youth out. Staal, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky, Gilroy, etc... are all built from within and clearly the team struggled this year through blue-line inexperience. There are no top 5 blue chippers in the system because we simply haven't had those kind of draft picks. Maybe the Penguins/Hawks model of sucking so bad that you'll eventually be good is the new NHL model for franchise-building. Kind of distressing, if you ask me.

I think Stepan will be a good top six forward. I think Bourque will be a top six forward (dunno why, I just like the guy). I also think the Rangers, as an organization, are pretty deep prospect-wise - despite the fact that they have nothing elite.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote