Thread: Proposal: Remaking the top 6
View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's a guy who played as well for Minnesota as he did under Carbo. The only stretch that he didn't play at that level was under Martin. Funny, I'm inclined to blame the variable, here.

Again -- Carbo could make this guy produce at the same level. Guy Carbonneau, not exactly the geniusest coach in the league.

The entire discussion on Lats is based on the notion he's playing way better than he ever has for the Habs. That proposition is incorrect, so conclusions drawn from that are invalid.

Stop trying to make excuses for the deal. It was a bad trade. I realize Pouliot is one of your sacro-sanct top-5 picks, but he's a wasted pick at that level.
He never showed the kind of production that he showed this year with Carbo and he rode the bench numerous times for lack of heart. I couldn't care less if Poulliot produces. Lats needed a kick in the ass and that's what he got. He arrived in Minny and immediately produced, it certainly wasn't the coach who made that happen.

Again you make it sound like he was a superstar with Carbo and that wasn't the case. Your obsession with blaming Martin for everything is ridiculous ESP. Considering how far we went with the roster we had.

Anything goes wrong on this team and you scapegoat the coach. You give him zero credit though for anything that goes right.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote