View Single Post
Old
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Freebie Hockey helmet with cage

hey cool I got a phone call from a friend who told me about a yardsale that was 'Free for the Taking'.

So I went and checked it out not expecting to find hockey stuff, found some hockey gear spread out on the lawn and everything was for kids except this helmet and cage. The cage was not mounted to the helmet so i put it together.

Lots of you guys in here keep stating to go with the cage for protection and you get used to it if one is not used to black bars on a cage. I have not used any with black bars before, only the white and silver type and hated every minute of them.

So Tuesday night hockey I will wear this and see if I can get used to it. It would be nice if I could for sure but as explained in here a few times I grew up not using anything, tried the white bar kind that had a thicker bars to it and hated it. maybe this one will work out.

Currently I use a visor, the newer Bauer HS22 straight cut one which rules in all ways. It was the first protection that felt like I wasn't wearing anything (no condom jokes pleeeez lol).

In any case the helmet is an HH4000L and fits me, I have a black one just like it so now I have a match.

The rest of the gear was kids stuff, gloves, shinguards etc. I left it there obviously.

I did grab a 12,000 BTU air conditioner for free that works beautifully as well as a weightlifting bar with 120lbs in weights. I am going to use a small portion of that weight to strengthen my left bicep that I tore last summer.

Anyhewdles freebies rule it especially when they are for decent items .... the AC unit looks new too and the hockey helmet does as well.

The old man just wanted all this junk out of there that was in his barn.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote