View Single Post
Old
03-12-2005, 11:04 AM
AJ1982

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Ok so this is totally off topic and alot of you don't know me but there's a few that do and hockey is pretty much dead right now so I thought I'd share...

So I graduated from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Campus) in August and have been an absolute bum since then. Well my work during college has FINALLY payed off. I'm going to be moving from Daytona Beach across the country to Long Beach, California. I've got a job with The Boeing Company. The position is what I've been calling, a "Human Systems Integration Engineer". They can't tell me what I'll be working on because it's "top-secret" so I have no idea what I'll be working on besides maybe the C-17 transport plane for the military, but it should be some cool work regardless.

I'll be leaving Wednesday morning for my roadtrip, with stops in Houston, Roswell New Mexico (only because that's where I grew up.....YES the alien place) and Phoenix before I get to Long Beach. I'm going to post some pictures and try and update my webpage along the way. So if anyone wants a link just ask and I'll PM it to ya.

Can't believe I'm finally entering the workforce I'm really excited but at the same time I'm also really nervous. Any of you that have taken this step have any advice? Ugh and now all the Ranger games I'll get to see are Kings games bleck. Looks like Center Ice is on the agenda once again.
Well, looks like you and I will be in competition . I'll be starting with Lockheed Martin (A New York division thankfully) in June after I graduate in May. Anyhow, have a good trip and best of luck to you in your career.