View Single Post
Old
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
The reason I'd keep Halak is simple -- he's a quiet guy that keeps to himself.

From what I've read, Price has turned things around. Being a great teammate and working his ass off in practice. Maybe his mentality will change.

I believe Halak thinks the same thing that Price does about Montreal fans, but since his personality is so much different than Carey Price, he fits better for Montreal.

I like Price, contrary to popular belief around these boards. And I would LOVE to keep him. But goaltending is 1) our biggest asset and 2) it's hard to keep both when we want to improve and have little Salary Cap room to do so.
i understand why, im sure if price does get traded, it will increase the chances of halak signing 3year deal with the habs, delaying UFA madness, which is good for us and the cap. but i still have a hunch that for the long term, Price will be the better option, and i would think that he was not to shabby last year, and could deliver also this year.

anyways its positive to see that there would be demand for this situation, which i think alot of people, including the goalies, want resolved.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote