View Single Post
Old
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
why is it so hard to believe MZA will be a top 6 player when the season starts? hes a small skilled player that was not signed to play in a bottom 6 grinding roll. its either top 6 or bust and he certainly has more skill than callahan. callahans abilities are perfect for the 3rd line, mza's are not.
Hockey's changed a lot of the years.. A decade ago, 3rd and 4th lines usually had grittier, more physical players.

That trend is starting to vanish though. There are a number of teams around the league that don't even have a textbook checking line. Instead, they deploy something like lines 2A, and 2B.

Anisimov, or Drury will most likely center our third line next year. I personally don't care where MZA plays; I'll be happy to see him earn a spot after camp.

People are assuming that the more skilled, or talented player deserves to play on that higher line. I totally disagree with that opinion.

I think the better hockey player, should be playing that bigger role. And to be quite hoenst with you, I don't think there's a better option than Callahan at this moment.

MZA, on a third line with Anisimov and Avery, can be effective. I'll be content with that.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote