Thread: Post-Game Talk: So...you still wanna fire Homer?
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
JESTER,
To clarify for me then - you don't like the 2009-2010 version of the Philadelphia Flyers? If that is so, then I understand your frustration. If you do like this team, then you have nothing to complain about......since it is 100% constructed by Paul Holmgren! Correct?
Actually, you'd be incorrect here. I like this team a lot, I just think it's terrible logic to roll the dice at goal...and wish we had a legit 3rd line center (which I think is going to present itself as a serious problem against the Blackhawks, but we'll see).

And, just a bit of advice, you're new here and haven't been engaged in conversations that have literally been going on for months and years... maybe get a read for the lay of the land before going after people's opinions when they're engaged with others that have been around and involved for months.

As noted, above in this very thread, I thought we could compete for the cup this year if we got quality goaltending. Guess what, we have (surprisingly), and here we are in the SCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
If you look at the history of the red wings signings and trades, there is nothing. They build through the draft with European players. When they do pull off deals, they are not very good. There signings are questionable
Some examples, please (under the salary cap, not prior to the lockout). The ones you've provided so far have been pretty terrible for discrediting the job they've done over there.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote