Old
05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Wrong.

One has a much better offensive game while one has a much better defensive game. I would not say that Richardson has a much better "two-way" game just because he is better at defense. He is simply better at defense.

I didn't say you would be blown away by the respective players, but rather the fact that their stats are very similar, except for Richardson playing 20+ more games while averaging more minutes and playing on the 1st line for several of those games as well.

Then there is Parse's +/- of 13. Not too shabby for someone who is supposedly strictly offense.

The point of my post is that Richardson is not worth 1.1 million more than Parse so nobody should be worried about that. The other point is that Parse has a lot of skill, something that is somewhat lacking in the current group of forwards but he "needs to be more consistent" because he took a couple lazy hooking penalties, as if Richardson hasn't had his share of stupid penalties, i.e. Dr. Hook night when he couldn't keep his stick down.

Yes, I do have to question your hockey acumen if you can't see that Parse is a player. He has all the makings of a classic ex-King who goes on to pot 20+ goals for several seasons. I'm actually shocked that he chose to sign here but I think they've told him he has the inside track to a spot. This isn't just after one year of following Parse either. Maybe the first year of watching his every game, but he has been tracked for years now in the annual prospect thread so his previous exploits are not unknown around these parts.

What are we looking like at LW next season with Frolov out the door?

UFA/Trade
Smyth
Parse
Clifford

That's how I see it. As long as that 1st line LW is taken care of, things are looking real good for a 3rd line of Parse/Zeus/Simmonds. Points will be scored and cycles will be made my friend.
I totally agree with you. I think Parse just took Frolov's spot in the lineup. He'll probably get a chance to play on the top 6 next season.

You people whining about him making $900k are ridiculous. Seriously, it is $900k of CAP space. Isn't the minimum ~$500k? I mean really what is $400k of CAP space? The upside is MORE than worth it.

This is a win/win for the Kings. He provide CAP relief over Frolov with potential to pot 20+ goals as early as next year. He is also a nice asset to dangle in a trade.

EDIT: He'll also be a great insurance policy for when Modin is re-signed and hurt within the first 20 games of the season.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote