View Single Post
Old
05-27-2010, 09:15 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Interesting to see the Predators put in the press release that Lindback was indeed playing in North America next season...I can only wonder if my Tweets on Monday and the discussion that followed lead to that inclusion. I'm sure I'm just being prideful, but that's an unusual tidbit to see in an official press release...

So...according to the Instant Analysis article provided by the Preds with this press release, it appears they intend on having Dekanich, Pickard, Smith, and Lindback all fighting it out for spots next season...

I'll be very disappointed as well if they do not sign Atte Engren, but at this point (must be signed by June 1) that appears to be the case.

What do you guys think...will Poile bring in a veteran netminder to compete for the role of backing up Pekka or will it be decided amongst the four tenders already under contract?

at first blush it sounds like poile has made up his mind to go with a youth movement but I think there will be such a glut of backup goalie FA's that Poile knows if no one stands out he can sign a servicable backup at the last minute.

Doing it this way ensures that all 4 of these guys give maximum effort. Although since Dekanich has to be qualified this summer poile could just let him walk rather than ending up stuck with him..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote