View Single Post
Old
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Scotty94

vCash: 500
Backhanded saucer passes are where it really gets nasty....

Had a nice one this past week where I'd come down the right wing and ripped a shot. I drove in hard towards the net, goalie deflected it off into the right corner where his d-man had picked it up and started up the right side boards with it. I'd kept up my speed after following the shot in and came around hard behind the net to catch him on along the boards as he picked up the puck and started off with it. Picked his pocket from behind and curled back in around the middle of the circle where a teammate had seen my plan and gone to the net hard without anyone on him. Came in on the goalie's short side and threw some hard fakes on him. He saw the pass coming and dove out for the poke check, so I lofted a backhand saucer pass over his sprawling body to my teammate, who was simply standing on the doorstep 2 feet in front of the net and tapped it in.

Basically, it's all in having soft hands. The video truly illustrates it very well. It's a soft motion with an easy flick of the wrists that slices the puck from the heel to the toe and an open face of the blade. Takes some practice, but good Lord does it come in handy. Backhand saucers are much harder, but really throw the defense for a loop when you do them in necessary situations.

Scotty94 is offline   Reply With Quote