View Single Post
Old
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
If Koivu does leave I would be hard pressed to call myself a Wild fan anymore. I think that would be the last straw for me. Losing our two best players in two years does not exactly give me confidence that management is doing their best or even good enough to assemble a winning team. I think we lose Mikko we would have to go into full blown rebuild more. Not just because we would lose our best player, but I think we would have an even more difficult time luring FA's with what would become a dubious pattern of losing not only top tier talent, but losing talent we drafted and developed ourselves.

All that being said I have a LOT confidence that we will be able re-sign Mikko. He is a lot more pro-Wild than I think Gaborik ever was. Although in slight Gaborik's defence I do think our previous GM did jerk him around a bit. But that seemed to be a two way street thanks to agent Allan Walsh. GMCF has already shown that he is an aggressive GM that will pull the trigger on something if he wants it. I betting there will be an extension in place before Labor Day.

By the way who is Mikko's agent?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote