View Single Post
Old
09-30-2003, 10:44 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattihp
While Dany's injury might be a big loss for the team if it is still there come the first game of the season, the serious injury on Dan Snyder could be a much bigger loss, for the community in Atlanta. From what I've heard, even though Dan Snyder has had problems becoming a regular with the big team he has been a solid contributer in building up a hockey spirit in the hearts of young atlantans. Dan Snyder has been involved in several charities and been one of the hosts on several occasions when parentless children from some Georgia child home (can't remember the real short word for it) were given tickets to Thrasher games and so. Good luck to the both of the Thrashers, Both equally important to the rising hockeycity of Atlanta, Georgia.
This is the first that I've heard about the charitable work that Snyder has done, and it impresses me even more. Everything I have read about this guy indicates that he is a tremendous person, and has used his celebrity to be a role model for others.

Here's to hoping that the same determination that got him to the NHL will also see him on the road to recovery, and that his full recovery will provide even more inspiration to the children involved with the charities that he supports.